The aging Nine-Span Bridge on Indianaplis Boulevard in Hammond has been closed for demolition. Work crews expect to finish the bridge's replacement by the end of the year. Meanwhile, commuters have to take alternative routes to the East Chicago train station.
Indianapolis Boulevard was closed Monday at the 3,000-foot long Nine-Span Bridge so crews could begin its demolition. The bridge, which opened to traffic in 1937, spans the Gibson Rail Yard. The new bridge is expected to cost $18 million and be finished by the end of the year.
Reader Diane Merrick of Munster was very happy on Monday to get some recipe help.
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
Town of St. John will have a Closed Executive Session on Nov. 17, 2011
A view of the Calumet Avenue south exit from Interstate 80/94 westbound on Thursday. Officials will close both southbound exits to Calumet Avenue for about a week later beginning April 18.
HAMMOND | A view of the Calumet Ave. South exit from 80/94 westbound on Thursday, March 3, 2011.
Follow The Times
We are not a real estate agency. We are a multi-service compa…
We offer $ 25 cash back off of tree work. Call today for more …
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
Time for teeth cleaning and whitening? Let us take care of you!!!
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 4 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
- 5 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm