CROWN POINT | The proposed rezoning for business of 40 acres of former farm land near Interstate 65 won preliminary City Council approval Monday.
Much like the residents who live in the region, the amount of new construction reported in 2012 in local municipalities is diverse.
Some houses are under construction in the Fairfield Greens subdivision in Valparaiso.
Ross Malina, of Josst Installations, installs siding on a home Thursday in the Fairfield Greens subdivision in Valparaiso.
SCHERERVILLE | Residential construction has increased in Schererville and commercial development appears to be on the rise.
MERRILLVILLE | A proposal for a duplex subdivision near 86th Avenue and Merrillville Road has come back to the Plan Commission for the second time.
MERRILLVILLE | The owner of M&M Beauty Supply wants to expand his business in Merrillville.
HOBART | The Lake County Housing Taskforce is hosting a conference Thursday to discuss various building and property-related issues in communities.
Follow The Times
One coupon per customer, not applicable with any other discoun…
Established in 1997, Forest Ridge Family Dentistry is a genera…
For nearly 60 years, Feikema Plumbing & Sanitation has bee…
Call today and mention offer nwirepair. St. John’s Plumbing is…
Make sure everything is properly working before you invite you…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm