Compressed Natural Gas
FAIR OAKS | A new compressed natural gas station fueled by cow manure at Fair Oaks Farms completes a transportation corridor investors hope will be the first of many across the country.
The Indiana Chamber of Commerce, local industries and alternative fuel advocacy groups are keeping a close eye on the Statehouse this session with concerns about legislation being introduced to place a tax on compressed natural gas for vehicles.
As the Indiana General Assembly begins its session on Monday, Northwest Indiana's residents — and, of course, their legislative delegation — should push for this agenda:
VALPARAISO | An offer to have someone else pay to have 18 of the city's diesel trucks retrofitted to reduce emissions was just too good to pass up for the city's Public Works Director Matt Evans.
Ozinga Indiana Ready Mix Concrete in Gary is one of five recipients in Indiana sharing $526,000 in federal grant funding for energy efficiency and conservation projects.
CROWN POINT | How Northwest Indiana and the greater Chicago area have taken another step in reducing dependence on foreign oil and improving air quality was showcased Thursday at the Purdue Technology Center.
Company officials say the success from a natural gas vehicle fueling pilot program in Gary is helping justify an expansion of the program to other facilities.
GARY | It may be difficult to imagine drivers waiting at the pump for 15 minutes to fill up a vehicle with gasoline. But if the lengthier fill-up could save $12,500 annually and reduce nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide and other pollutants, as is the case for United States Steel Corp., it may …
Follow The Times
In September 26th, 2003, I received a message from God. God to…
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Buy 9 sandwich combos and get the 10th free.
Call today for an estimate.
Not valid with any other offer or promotion
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm