INDIANAPOLIS | The Republican-controlled Indiana House voted 70-26 Tuesday to strictly regulate the use of abortion-inducing pills and the clinics that distribute them.
We at Franciscan Alliance believe the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare, is in need of significant alterations. We hope the 113th Congress agrees.
It has come to my attention that the Republican Party has a few main goals, none of which involves the economy.
INDIANAPOLIS | A former Indiana Congressman who served eight years alongside U.S. Rep. Mike Pence believes the Republican candidate for governor will enact "radical" social policies if he's elected.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor warned women Wednesday that continued Republican control of every branch of Indiana government is likely to lead to a ban on contraception, including the birth control pill.
The nation's Catholic hospitals are taking issue with the Health and Human Services mandate to guarantee "free" contraceptives for all women. Under the umbrella of guaranteed services for women are sterilization, abortion-inducing drugs and contraception.
On Jan. 20, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released the ruling that the new mandated health coverage would include coverage of contraception and abortion-inducing drugs, regardless of any religious or moral problems one might have with providing such services. Over and over…
I am troubled by the lack of care in our country shown to the unborn children, that is, those children who are growing inside of their mother's body.
View a timeline on birth control in the U.S., see state contraception laws and learn more about types of contraceptives.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recently announced a new and onerous mandate which will force all health insurance policies to pay for free contraception without co-pays or co-insurance, including every birth control drug or device approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Amid all the hubbub over the state's recent defunding of Planned Parenthood, I wonder if this isn't more of a political move than an ideological one.
Follow The Times
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 3 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am