Cook County Commissioner
CHICAGO | A former Cook County commissioner has asked a judge to toss his tax-evasion convictions, alleging the system for picking would-be federal jurors in northeastern Illinois was fundamentally flawed and led to no black men on his jury.
CHICAGO | A federal judge has set another new date for a Chicago politician's tax-evasion trial.
CHICAGO | A judge will decide whether an influential Cook County commissioner facing federal tax charges can tell a jury he paid back money borrowed from his campaign — although apparently only after realizing he was under investigation.
Follow The Times
Must be a valid, current offer. Please present coupon at …
Call 322-2700 or 769-1976 for more details. www.albertsjewelers.com
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm