CROWN POINT | Corinne Powell, Health and Human Sciences Educator with Purdue University Extension, recently offered a canning class on apples. Participants learned to safely preserve apple slices, apple preserves, and applesauce through the boiling water canning method of preservation.
CROWN POINT | It’s summer and time to can and preserve nature’s bounty to be eaten this next year. Members of Corinne Powell’s Home Food Preservation course through the Purdue Cooperative Extension Service in Crown Point are learning how to freeze fruits and vegetables, boiling water can hig…
CROWN POINT | If "an apple a day keeps the doctor away," a classroom of Home Food Preservation students should be healthy for many months. A boiling water canning class was held this month at the Lake County Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office in Crown Point, where participants learn…
CROWN POINT | A Boiling Water Canning class on canning tomatoes and tomato juice is being offered by the Purdue Cooperative Extension Service to individuals interested in learning food preservation techniques and to help them preserve tomatoes safely.
Follow The Times
Hello Dolly - June 14-16, 21-23, 28-30 Adults $21, Seniors (55+) $18, Military/Students (with valid ID) $18, Contact Box Office for Group Rates.
- The Matchmaker finally meets her Match! 219-948-5137
Sturdy boxes keep files archived and safe. Order your storage …
Winey Insurance is an independent insurance agency established…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am