CROWN POINT | Lake County commissioners hired a Merrillville financial adviser Wednesday to study how to fill a potential $15 million hole in county government's 2012 and 2013 budget.
CROWN POINT | Lake County officials renewed a consulting contract Wednesday with an attorney who embattled Coroner Thomas Philpot claims misled him into pocketing federal money that is the subject of a political corruption charge.
After paying nearly $100,000 to the Internal Revenue Service for running afoul of employment rules, Porter County officials are now talking about hiring a full-time human resources person.
One day long ago, I walked into the Gary city clerk's office and asked to see a court file.
CROWN POINT | Merrillville lawyer John Bushemi got his $115,000 consulting contract Wednesday to be the legal adviser to the incoming Lake County sheriff.
CROWN POINT | Lake County Commissioners are postponing their threaten lawsuit against state-mandated property tax levy freeze that has spared taxpayers $60 million at the expense of local government revenues.
Follow The Times
Contact Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. today at 219-980-0882. …
Call Pustai Heating and Cooling today at 219-924-5112. In an e…
Stop by Kensington Watch Services today at 146 North Main Stre…
Brown Tire of Portage Inc has been supplying quality Goodyear …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm