State officials have begun the process of suspending the law license of former Lake County Clerk Thomas Philpot in the wake of his conviction for public corruption.
So Tom Philpot is going to prison. I can hear rejoicing and see heads shaking as Philpot becomes political history in Lake County.
CROWN POINT | Lake County Clerk Mike Brown has demoted Councilwoman Christine Cid, D-East Chicago, days after her verbal dispute with his political ally.
Lake County officials have squawked in recent years, and for good reason, about the need to bring costs under control. That includes reducing the payroll — which makes the hiring of Hilda Pabey so strange.
If love is never having to say you're sorry, as the old movie had it, politics is never having to say you're unemployed.
CROWN POINT | The Lake Circuit Court judge ordered county election officials to return a Gary woman to the May 3 primary race for the 5th District Gary City Council seat.
Follow The Times
Lisa Rankin, M.D. will speak on "Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof You Can Heal Yourself" at annual symposium.
Call today for details! 219-763-4247
Our Philosophy is simple, You Only Pay the Amount That You Feel Our Services Are Worth To You. Call Today!!!
You pay what you believe you can afford You pay what you beli…
Introducing CertainTeed new product line the Patriot. For thos…
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am