INDIANAPOLIS | State lawmakers are expected to study the structure of Indiana county government this summer with an eye toward establishing a single county executive.
HEBRON | Santa couldn't deliver a new fire station for Hebron last Christmas, but, with a big boost from the Porter County commissioners, he might be able to squeeze one in his sack for next Christmas.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana House wants to take another look at county government reforms recommended by the 2007 Kernan-Shepard Report on streamlining local government.
CROWN POINT | The 3rd District Lake County commissioner recount ended Thursday with North Township Board member Richard J. Novak conceding defeat to County Councilman Michael Repay 51 days after the spring Democratic primary ended.
VALPARAISO | Porter County commissioners are seeking to fill a vacancy on the Redevelopment Commission in July.
VALPARAISO | The Porter County Juvenile Detention Center is about to get a security makeover.
Porter County municipal officials, state legislators and commissioners met Tuesday night to begin discussions of how cover a $2.1 million annual shortfall for Enhanced 911 that is expected to hit by the middle of next year.
INDIANAPOLIS | Gov. Mitch Daniels' final legislative session will be dominated by the right-to-work fight, but he laid out a legislative agenda Friday that could transform Indiana even more than the proposed labor policy change.
CROWN POINT | Divided Lake County government officials terminated an early retirement program Tuesday, unable to agree on terms of the proposed buyout.
VALPARAISO | The Porter County Council postponed action Monday on several budgets from the Board of County Commissioners and scheduled a joint meeting between the two bodies to discuss a strategic plan for funding several major items.
As Stephen says on "The Colbert Report": "That brings us to tonight's word."
Follow The Times
(888) 539-1875 southlakeautomall.com
Asphalt adds an element of flexibility which is critical here …
We are a licensed, bonded, and insured business that provides …
Paper Product Sale! Packs of notepads for $6.99! Get a case of paper for ONLY $24.95 with your office supply order of $100 or more!
For details call or visit us online! 800-837-1400 / www.…
Learn about less invasive options. http://www.comhs.org/all_cl…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am