Lake County's largest communities could take a crime-fighting tip from some neighbors to the south. Joining forces could help combat crime.
A violin made from bed slats, a bomber jacket, and journals filled with humor, nostalgia, sorrow and boredom help to tell the stories of the 92,820 Allied soldiers held in nearly 100 Nazi prisoner of war camps.
Summer is right around the corner, so it seems, and thousands or millions of school-age children will enter into one of most influential and perhaps most dangerous periods of their lives — summer vacation.
On April 6, Wayne Kubsch, a 43-year-old Mishawaka man convicted of fatally stabbing his wife and stepson and his wife's ex-husband in 1998, is set to join a list of 20 other convicted murderers executed by the state of Indiana.
SPRINGFIELD | An Illinois House committee is narrowly recommending abolishing the death penalty.
Criminal gangs are crippling communities in Northwest Indiana. Breaking gangs' grip on the region will be a Herculean task, but it must be a high priority.
Follow The Times
Large or small, K's Construction & Roofing Inc. can do all…
In the event of your death, help make sure your loved ones are…
Call Jelly Bean the Clown to bring the fun, games, and smiles to your next event in Northwest Indiana
Jelly Bean the Clown has been clowning since 1977 and has an e…
Individual taxation can seem complicated and confusing, but th…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm