OGDEN DUNES | A hearing scheduled for Friday regarding the permit for the town's deer cull has been canceled.
OGDEN DUNES | An Indiana Natural Resources Commission official has set a Dec. 21 hearing date on a request to stay a deer cull in town.
OGDEN DUNES | The Indiana Department of Natural Resources will hold a prehearing conference Thursday regarding the town's efforts to carry out a deer cull.
OGDEN DUNES | The deer cull began here Tuesday morning without incident. Before dawn two hunters took their stations in tree stands in the town's Suerenity Park. By 11 a.m. they had harvested one deer.
A sign outside an Ogden Dunes house opposes a deer cull in the town. Officials went ahead with the cull Tuesday allowing two hunters to shoot deer.
Friends of a hunter wheel a dead deer out of a restricted area Tuesday during the Ogden Dunes cull.
Friends of a hunter wheel a deer out of a restricted area Tuesday during the Ogden Dunes deer cull. Two hunters were allowed to participate in the controversial cull.
Friends of a hunter wheel a deer wrapped in a tarp to a waiting truck after it was killed during the Odgen Dunes deer cull Tuesday. Six deer were killed Tuesday, according to officials.
Betty Hatfield, of Ogden Dunes, joins residents opposed to plans for a deer cull in the town as they protest Monday.
Ogden Dunes residents opposed to plans for a deer cull in town gathered in protest Monday. Porter Superior Judge Roger Bradford dismissed a request last week to delay the cull until after a Dec. 29. The town has approved a permit allowing the killing of up to 40 deer from Dec. 23 through Feb…
As Johnnie Cochrane, the late attorney of O.J. Simpson trial fame, might say: "If the deer have ticks, you must kill them quick."
Follow The Times
Starting at 6 weeks old, our infant rooms have been specially …
Receive up to a 100$ value of tree trimming for free with the …
Geothermal heating and cooling systems use 40-60% less energy than conventional systems. Learn more about what it might save you today!
Indiana Furniture Showcase 219.465.0545 www.indiana-furniture.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am