Joanna Daniels and Curtis Pettyjohn, the Chicago duo of local stage veterans playing "stage veterans" Ethel and Fred Mertz of "I Love Lucy" TV fame have a clever way of interpreting their performance art.
Joanna Daniels and Curtis Pettyjohn play Ethel and Fred Mertz, including a salute to the couple's vaudville days, in "I Love Lucy Live on Stage" playing an extended run through March 3 at Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place in Chicago.
Resurrecting the Favorite Redhead of Reruns: Midwest premiere of 'I Love Lucy Live on Stage' channels fans of sitcom characters
Rick Sparks, the man behind I Love Lucy Live on Stage, knows just how dedicated fans are of Lucille Ball and her landmark TV comedy starring the Ricardos and the Mertzes.
Cast members Sirena Irwin (center) as Lucy, Curtis Pettyjohn (right) as Fred and Joanna Daniels as Ethel star in "I Love Lucy Live on Stage" playing a Chicago run until Nov. 11.
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
Follow The Times
Contact Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. today at 219-980-0882. …
Call now and SAVE $60.00 on an 8 pack of ½ hour Boot Camp Work…
Our expertise can definitely help you. 219-932-5818
Our Services Include:
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm