VALPARAISO | With the closing of one block of Lafayette Street for much of the summer and then permanently once Central Park Plaza expands, the city is looking for new options for turning south.
VALPARAISO | The departure of Porter hospital from Valparaiso has created a different kind of parking problem. Not for cars, but for emergency medical helicopters.
VALPARAISO | Now that the city has installed left-turn lanes on North Calumet Avenue at Evans Avenue, it has a request to add turn arrows to the signals.
VALPARAISO | As expected, the cause of the fire that destroyed a historic downtown building March 4 might never be known.
VALPARAISO | An attempt to determine the cause of the fire that destroyed the building at 204 Lincolnway will have to wait until demolition of the east wall of the building is completed.
VALPARAISO | The locations of Valparaiso's worst intersections for crashes doesn't change much from year to year, just the ranking, but city Engineering Director Tim Burkman hopes to see some change in four on U.S. 30.
VALPARAISO | A cottonwood tree is causing problems for environmentalists.
VALPARAISO | To try to keep vehicles from ending up in her parents' yard and injuring them or her 16-month-old child, Kristy Sanchez asked for a stop sign on Monroe Street at Greenwich Street.
VALPARAISO | To try to provide enough room for fire trucks and snow plows, the city's Board of Public Works and Safety voted Thursday to restrict angle parking next to Pat's Ice Cream Parlor to compact cars only.
VALPARAISO | A request to look at making a left turn lane on southbound Calumet Avenue at Evans Avenue could result in the city extending the center turn lane from Glendale Boulevard to the Canadian National railroad tracks.
Porter County officials may be facing some difficult decisions regarding the county's E911 system in the coming months.
Follow The Times
No matter where you are coming from we can accommodate your pet!
The Free Spirit Church and Wedding Chapel is located in downto…
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
customers 62 and over receive 10% off their total purchase! (E…
No one wants dandelions, weeds or any type of pest taking over…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am