Every year fashion offers up the good, the bad and the ugly. But what the industry is really built on, and consumers respond to, is buzz.
This season's clothes aren't taking their cues from club kids, college students or teenage rebels. There's something grown-up about some of the most popular looks: They're a little refined and very wearable, but they've avoided being stodgy or, worse, just plain old.
Even people without coffee tables enjoy coffee table books as gifts, especially if they're thoughtfully chosen rather than hastily snatched from a store shelf at the last minute.
If he's particular enough to like his martini shaken not stirred, James Bond probably likes his trousers trim not tight.
Adele has confirmed she has co-written and performed the theme to the upcoming James Bond movie "Skyfall."
When Ursula Andress emerged from the sea, curves glistening, with a dagger strapped to her bikini in 1962's "Dr. No," she made the Bond girl an instant icon.
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
Don't worry, kid, if you look like a young Adam Sandler. Adolescence is hard for everyone.
Follow The Times
Whether you already have a drawing in hand or only an idea in …
call Albert's at 322-2700 or 769-1976
Call now and SAVE $60.00 on an 8 pack of ½ hour Boot Camp Work…
You work hard for all you have. A comfortable home. A car that…
10% Off any landscape project over $2,500.00 (please present c…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm