CROWN POINT | False alarm. Lake will remain the only county in the state without a local option income tax, for at least a few more weeks.
CROWN POINT | A state highway official who asked Lake County officials for help in planning the Illiana Expressway instead got an earful of why the proposed highway is a bad idea.
HOBART | A Lake Superior Court judge has ruled Hobart can join a lawsuit to end a property tax levy freeze under attack as strangling local government in the county.
CROWN POINT | A Lake Superior Court judge will rule in coming weeks whether the Hobart can join a lawsuit to end a property tax levy freeze under attack as strangling local government in the county.
CROWN POINT | A judge is permitting two Lake County police officials to continue suing the state to end a property tax levy freeze they claim has reduced local government jobs and services unfairly.
Follow The Times
You pay what you believe you can afford You pay what you beli…
Not valid with any other offer or promotion
When your pool is complete, we will teach you how to run all y…
Russell's Tree Care seeks to raise the standard for customer e…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am