CHICAGO | The Cook County Board on Wednesday rejected an effort by one of its members to institute a ban on landfill operations anywhere in the county.
CHICAGO | The Cook County Board gave its approval Wednesday to a pair of ordinances that cut the pay and eliminate other financial perks for political appointees who serve on a pair of boards.
HARVEY | Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said Wednesday the county will proceed with the resurfacing of Center Street in Harvey from 159th to 171st street, despite a lack of federal funding.
CHICAGO | Cook County Board President Todd Stroger presided over his last meeting Wednesday.
Follow The Times
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. Has The Experience You Want!
The Free Spirit Church and Wedding Chapel is located in downto…
You don't have to be treated bad to get a great deal. Com…
(219) 787-8600 www.lakeshoremotors.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am