Department Of Homeland Security
HEBRON | With money commitments from Porter County and the town's Redevelopment Commission, the council decided to plunge ahead with plans for building an addition to the fire station.
EAST CHICAGO | The East Chicago Fire Department received a $72,450 grant to replace department radios, officials said Wednesday.
Some public safety departments in Northwest Indiana are already prepared to meet the FCC's Jan. 1 deadline for narrowbanding. Some -- like Portage -- are in midstream, and others are still investigating what they have to do to meet the deadline.
Six local fire departments will share $741,150 in federal funds to help buy updated radio equipment.
Right after Labor Day, and right before the 10th anniversary of the terrible terrorist attacks on 9/11, is an ideal time to discuss economic and border security issues. Having discussed this at length last week with a Mexican diplomat doesn't hurt, either.
VALPARAISO | The world's water supply is under attack from many directions, some of which we can control, but many we can't, such as radioactivity from Japan.
INDIANAPOLIS | An anti-illegal immigration proposal that requires most businesses verify the immigration status of employees was approved by a House committee Friday.
The Department of Homeland Security unveiled a free online tool Monday for people in the U.S. to check whether they are legally eligible for employment prior to looking for a job.
Follow The Times
If you mention this ad, you'll receive 20% off!
For all your sump pump and sewer service needs, contact
Call Midwest Accounting, LLC today at 219-845-8615.
Brag in your yard about the new arrival!
With over 30 years in the business, fully insured,
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Police: M'ville officer shot attacker
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season5 hours ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins7 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm