INDIANAPOLIS | Twenty-five Indiana children are receiving mental health services as part of state officials' pledge to close a funding gap, said an Indiana Department of Child Services official.
Millions of Americans with disabilities have gained innumerable rights and opportunities in recent years, but advocates say barriers can block one basic human right: To be a parent.
INDIANAPOLIS | A legislative commission slated to discuss the unmet mental health needs of Hoosier children will have its first meeting Aug. 27.
INDIANAPOLIS | An Indiana judicial group honored a Times reporter Friday for her ongoing coverage of the struggles of families throughout the state in obtaining services for children with mental illnesses or developmental disabilities.
A recent Indiana Court of Appeals opinion could affect how judges handle cases involving some parents of children with mental illnesses or developmental disabilities.
It was the hardest letter John ever had to write.
Roy Slazyk's life changed in November 2006 after suffering a work-related injury on a job site in Harvey five years ago.
TradeWinds Services, Inc. is one of the benefactors of the 2011 Times Diversity Job Fair and Symposium.
The mission of Arc Bridges is to improve the welfare of persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
They say the early bird gets the worm, but for the staff of the All About Kids program at Opportunity Enterprises in Valparaiso, the notion of being early has a lot more riding on it than simply a good breakfast.
Throughout a nearly 50-year mission to serve developmentally disabled children and adults and their families in Northwest Indiana, the staff and volunteers at the Center for Possibilities in Hobart have long reflected on the organization's operating name more than its legal title (Cerebral P…
Follow The Times
Whether you have a new baby, are getting married or starting d…
With over 30 years in the business, fully insured, licensed an…
We offer custom opening shower doors tailored to your bathroom.
Winey Insurance is an independent insurance agency established…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm