Dr. Thottathil Gopan, department of endocrinology section chief for Franciscan Medical Specialists in Munster, said older patients can present some unique challenges in their diabetes management.
Some 3.7 million diabetics went blind over the last 10 years due to retina damage, according to recent studies funded by the National Eye Institute (NEI). Approximately 7.7 million Americans are now affected by diabetic retinopathy, and the rate is predicted to climb to 11 million by 2030.
If you've ever felt like you needed your own personal tour guide to help you manage your diabetes, you're not alone. Like it or not, diabetes is a high-maintenance disease, requiring a high level of know-how in managing it effectively.
Follow The Times
Ready to Move In Homes from the $110's to $290's, Beautiful up…
When you are looking for a home improvement service, there ar…
In September 26th, 2003, I received a message from God. God to…
Contact dealer for details. (219) 874-4293 BosakHondaMC.com
Call now and SAVE $60.00 on an 8 pack of ½ hour Boot Camp Work…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm