Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
Diabetes strikes African-Americans on Chicago's South Side at twice the national average. An innovative program strikes back with fresh food options, health care and exercise to combat the high prevalence of the disease.
Currently, some researchers are hypothesizing that our lifestyles of saturated fats, too many sweets and overlarge portions of food may be one of the reasons why we’re seeing an explosion of Alzheimer's.
Some 3.7 million diabetics went blind over the last 10 years due to retina damage, according to recent studies funded by the National Eye Institute (NEI). Approximately 7.7 million Americans are now affected by diabetic retinopathy, and the rate is predicted to climb to 11 million by 2030.
Follow The Times
Contact Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. today at 219-980-0882. …
Call Pustai Heating and Cooling today at 219-924-5112. In an e…
Stop by Kensington Watch Services today at 146 North Main Stre…
Brown Tire of Portage Inc has been supplying quality Goodyear …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm