Dr. Thottathil Gopan, department of endocrinology section chief for Franciscan Medical Specialists in Munster, said older patients can present some unique challenges in their diabetes management.
A new long-term medical study from Northwestern Medicine suggests that individuals with healthy hearts in middle age live up to 14 years longer than peers with two or more cardiovascular risks.
Diabetes strikes African-Americans on Chicago's South Side at twice the national average. An innovative program strikes back with fresh food options, health care and exercise to combat the high prevalence of the disease.
Currently, some researchers are hypothesizing that our lifestyles of saturated fats, too many sweets and overlarge portions of food may be one of the reasons why we’re seeing an explosion of Alzheimer's.
Some 3.7 million diabetics went blind over the last 10 years due to retina damage, according to recent studies funded by the National Eye Institute (NEI). Approximately 7.7 million Americans are now affected by diabetic retinopathy, and the rate is predicted to climb to 11 million by 2030.
Follow The Times
Contact J & J Remodeling today at 219-769-3239 or 219-663-…
Elaine Morris has over 25 years of experience with Allstate
Interested in Kempo Jujutsu Martial Arts Academy 2013 Summer Camp? Info Packet Can Be Picked Up Now at the Academy
Summer Camp 2013 information may be picked up at the Academy n…
Call today and mention offer nwiservice. St. John’s Plumbing i…
Join our new class Tiny Tigers (children ages 4-7), Mondays an…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm