The National Parks Conservation Association and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore work with college student and faculty volunteers in June 2011 to plant native species at Cowles Bog in Dune Acres.
The Ogden Dunes fire station/community building, which serves as the town's official meeting and gathering place, has undergone a $150,000 renovation, including a new roof and air conditioning.
Even the sign announcing the entrance to Dune Acres lets visitors know this town along the Lake Michigan shoreline prides itself on being "a sleepy place."
Indiana University Northwest Professor Erin Argyilan throws invasive cattails Friday while planting native species at Cowles Bog near Dune Acres in the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
The National Parks Conservation Association and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore work with college student and faculty volunteers Friday to plant native species at Cowles Bog in the park near Dune Acres.
Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore biological science technician Steve Smith helps Ivy Tech Valparaiso campus student Heather Dulaney plant native species plants at Cowles Bog in the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore near Dune Acres.
Indiana University Northwest junior Nicole Grabos, center, plants native species in Cowles Bog on Friday with the help of the National Parks Conservation Association and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore at the national park near Dune Acres.
Follow The Times
Jack & Vernon's Septic Service is here for all your septic…
Come see us at Lucky Kat Tat today!
PLH Financial is locally owned and family operated.
Visit www.myeasyclean.com/socialcircle.html for details.
Dr. David M. Smith has 25 years of experience!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm