East Porter County Schools
VALPARAISO | To help area school districts create jobs and skills, Valparaiso's Redevelopment Commission is giving $365,000 of its 2013 education grants to the Valparaiso Community and East Porter County schools.
VALPARAISO | Residents of Pine Creek Subdivision appear to be caught in the undertow of the changing tide in the housing market that has shifted from an emphasis on single family homes to high-end apartments.
VALPARAISO | The city's Plan Commission will hold a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday to vote on a recommendation for the proposed rezoning of a luxury apartment and business park development on Evans Avenue.
VALPARAISO | More than 200 people filled the council chambers and the hallway Tuesday night as residents of Pine Creek subdivision and nearby homes turned out at the plan commission meeting in protest of rezoning for a proposed business park and 512-unit luxury apartment complex on Evans Avenue.
VALPARAISO | A new South Shore commuter rail poster featuring Valparaiso's new Central Park Plaza will be created as a marketing, promotional and, city officials hope, moneymaking tool in 2013.
VALPARAISO | Money saved on plans to beautify the interchange at Vale Park Road and Ind. 49 will be used to triple the educational challenge grants to the Valparaiso and East Porter County school districts.
VALPARAISO | East Porter County School Corp. wants to get out of the sewage treatment business at its three main campuses and Valparaiso is looking at taking over two of them.
KOUTS | A month after refusing to consider an ordinance to allow Kouts police to ticket people on school property for violating the schools' traffic restrictions, the council approved it Monday after an appeal by East Porter County Schools Superintendent Rod Gardin.
VALPARAISO | To help today's students prepare for 21st century jobs using 21st century technology, the city's Redevelopment Commission is trying a 21st century approach to economic development.
Follow The Times
For over 40 years people have relied on Lawn Doctor for a lush…
Contact J & J Remodeling today at 219-769-3239 or 219-663-…
There is no limit to the customization we can provide.
Water heaters that have been under water (over 3 inches) need …
You asked for it and here it is: The songs of one of the …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm