Economic Development Income Tax
VALPARAISO | A fairly routine start-of-the-year meeting for the City Council involved approvals for spending more than $3 million in various funds.
VALPARAISO | Although property tax collections remained lower than was levied, not all the financial news was bad at Monday's council meeting.
VALPARAISO | The city is having such a bad year with health care costs that it's, well, sickening.
VALPARAISO | When you have more projects to do than you can afford, the first thing you do is prioritize what needs to be done.
"In times of uncertainty, the arts remind us of our humanity and provide the reassuring proof that we, along with the Grecian urn, have endured and will continue to do so. Now is the time to embrace, not retreat from, the arts." -- Harvard President Drew Gilpin Faust
Economic development is a government term. Its definition depends on the political exigencies of the moment, sort of like family values and mission accomplished.
VALPARAISO | The recession still is having an impact on Porter County economic development income tax revenue, and Valparaiso was hit with a $400,000 reduction from its 2010 receipts from that source.
Follow The Times
Let us keep you safe. (888) 430-7119 www.frankiesauto…
Contact dealer for details. (219) 874-4293 BosakHondaMC.com
Starting at 6 weeks old, our infant rooms have been specially …
You create your own combination of delicious, soft-serve prem…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am