LAPORTE COUNTY | A weeklong series of fireworks shows in August outside LaPorte had a $3.5 million impact on the local economy, according to the LaPorte County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
U.S. Sen. Dan Coats said he wants federal officials to fully understand the economic impact of any action taken to prevent Asian carp from harming Chicago area waterways and entering Lake Michigan.
Over the years numerous studies have sought to quantify the benefits that would come with expansion of Gary/Chicago International Airport, with estimates varying widely as the U.S. air industry underwent transformative changes.
Political and civic leaders gathered at the Gary/Chicago International Airport for the official groundbreaking of the facility's $153 million runaway extension project.
Follow The Times
Basic grooming is available for your pet. Prices are based on …
We have been boarding our 2 dogs at Dutch Pet …
We deal with several different suppliers, such as SR Smith, Ha…
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am