LAPORTE | Embattled LaPorte High School Athletic Director Ed Gilliland received awards this year for merit and distinguished service, according to the Indiana Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association.
Two LaPorte High School officials accused of failing to report an inappropriate relationship between a junior varsity volleyball coach and an underage girl will not be prosecuted, an attorney for the girl's family said Monday, noting the family was told such a prosecution would "cost too muc…
INDIANAPOLIS | A former LaPorte High School volleyball coach, convicted of four felonies following a two-year sexual relationship with a student-athlete, must serve his full 21-year prison sentence, the Indiana Court of Appeals ruled Friday.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana Court of Appeals on Monday cleared the way for a trial to determine whether the LaPorte High School athletic director should have reported child abuse he allegedly knew took place.
LAPORTE | A former junior varsity volleyball coach convicted of having a sexual relationship with a LaPorte High School girl deflected blame for his conduct, court documents filed last week show.
LAPORTE | A former LaPorte High School girl voluntarily engaged in a sexual relationship with her former junior varsity volleyball coach, assuming all risk, LaPorte school officials claimed in court documents this week.
LAPORTE | The family of a girl who was sexually involved with her former junior varsity volleyball coach filed a lawsuit Thursday against the state, school district and employees, claiming officials ignored indications the relationship was happening, court records state.
Follow The Times
We offer heavy 3/8 glass shower doors for your custom designed…
By appointment only!
Pay for the removal of any dead or unhealthy tree, and we will…
Fast-teks provides on-site computer service and call-in remote…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm