The Lake County elections board voted this week to reduce or eliminate fines totaling more than $24,500 that the county has levied since the late 1990s against politicians for failing to disclose their campaign finances.
CROWN POINT | The Lake County elections board unanimously voted Tuesday to publicly reprimand former Lowell Councilman David Gard for electioneering.
CROWN POINT | Gregory Sanchez resigned Tuesday from the Lake County elections board following criticism from the official who had appointed him.
CROWN POINT | Only two out of eight Lake County officials running for election May 8 won prominent ballot positions in Thursday's candidate lottery.
CROWN POINT | Attorney Bruce Lambka, who serves as the GOP legal representative on the Lake County Elections Board, is prohibited from practicing law for 18 months, beginning Sept. 2.
EAST CHICAGO | Mayoral candidate Rich Medina is asking the Lake County elections board to remove a poll worker who he said harassed one of his supporters during early voting.
Follow The Times
Reg. $4.99ea. Now through 6/30. 219-365-0882 www.alsipnursery.…
Call today for details! 219-763-4247
DeYoung's Design Center
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
This includes a uniform and belt, 2 classes per week, and one …
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am