- 1 Calls of tiger on the loose in Gary prompt police search
- 2 Historical Blue Top Drive-In returns under new ownership
- 3 2 girls in critical condition, mom hospitalized after Hammond shooting
- 4 Cops: Help ID Highland Best Buy robbery suspect
- 5 Cops investigating Griffith man's death after fight with friends
Now that the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana has added its voice in the lengthy conversation over conditions at the Porter County Jail, it's time for the Porter County Council and commissioners to finally settle on a plan to ease crowding there.
VALPARAISO | The American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana has added to the pressure to relieve overcrowding at the county jail by concluding after a recent tour it is "inexcusable" the county has not made use of the entire facility.
HAMMOND | Porter County Sheriff Dave Lain has asked a federal judge to dismiss a challenge to Indiana's new immigration law or at least remove him from the lawsuit.
Follow The Times
Gift cards for the spa or salon are perfect ways to pamper the…
Before finding your next remodeling contractor, find out what …
Bring Your 2-3 Year Olds For Promise Dance Academy's TuTu Fun Dance Class! They'll Learn Fundamentals, and Have a Blast! Check Out Our Website for Our Summer Class Schedule
The Promise Dance Academy has long instructed young dancers in…
If you are facing difficulty meeting your personal obligations…
Storms have the Potential to damage trees which can Disrupt po…
Does the state do enough to cultivate economic growth in Northwest Indiana?