CHICAGO (AP) — Four children were killed early Monday in a fire on Chicago's South Side and their mother and her boyfriend were critically injured, Chicago Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford said.
Two people died in this Chicago Heights home last May. Officials did not find working smoke detectors in the home.
MICHIGAN CITY | A man died in a Michigan City house fire Thursday morning.
INDIANAPOLIS | Cities and towns across Indiana, including several region communities, are one signature away from losing their ability to vigorously regulate rental properties within their borders.
EAST CHICAGO | A fire on Deal Street in East Chicago claimed the life of one man Friday afternoon.
INDIANAPOLIS | The three children killed this month in a Hammond house fire weighed heavily on Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. on Tuesday as he urged a legislative panel not to limit the ability of local governments to inspect rental properties.
HAMMOND | Funeral services were held Monday for the three children who died in a house fire Jan. 8 in Hammond.
HAMMOND | A judge in Hammond City Court fined the owner of a Hammond home where a fire killed three children and injured two children and one adult on Jan. 8.
HAMMOND | Hammond's Fire, Police and Code Enforcement departments are teaming up to investigate the fire last week at 644 Sibley St. that killed three children.
HAMMOND | Had city officials been given an opportunity to inspect the rental house at 644 Sibley St. prior to the fatal fire Wednesday night, the residence likely would have been declared uninhabitable.
HAMMOND | Space heaters being used in a home without heat are believed to have caused a Wednesday night house fire that killed three young children, officials said.
HOBART | A Hobart man was killed in a fire at his residence Sunday morning.
CHICAGO HEIGHTS | A man and a woman are dead after a fire in a Chicago Heights home early Friday.
GARY | Police are investigating the circumstances involved in a house fire that claimed the life of a 73-year-old woman Monday evening.
LAKE VILLAGE | A fire that killed a 71-year-old Lake Village woman Friday was caused by a faulty power vent on a basement hot water heater, officials said.
LAKE VILLAGE | A 71-year-old Lake Village woman died Friday morning following a fire in a field outside her home, officials said.
GRIFFITH | A 74-year-old Griffith man died Thursday morning in a fire at his home, officials said.
GRIFFITH | Officials are withholding the release of information about the woman found dead in a fire at a Griffith apartment building Friday night pending notification of her next of kin, officials said Monday morning.
Firefighters work at the scene of a fatal apartment fire in the 600 block of N. Elmer Street in Griffith on Friday, Dec. 7, 2012.
GRIFFITH | A woman died in a fire in Griffith late Friday night.
Follow The Times
Click here to get your $100 off coupon!
We offer a large selection of accessories to show your style w…
2014 SEASON SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE ON SALE NOW! (from $150 - $160 and save you up to 33% off single ticket prices!)
call 219-836-3255. www.theatreatthecenter.com
Call 219-922-8111 today and learn why The Learning Center Preschool provides the very best early childhood educational experience!
Call today to set up an appointment to visit The Learning Cent…
Teaching Children to step up the ladder of success ~ Call A Step Up Career Academy today for more information about their child care services!
We promote and encourage children to make career choices of th…
Do you think the Lake County Solid Waste Management District should pay its new director less than its former director?