LANSING | A Sauk Village man died Tuesday morning when the car he was driving hit a tree, the Cook County sheriff's office said.
CROWN POINT | Lake Criminal Court Judge Clarence Murray on Wednesday approved a travel permit for a Munster man charged with drunken driving in a crash that killed a Lansing man.
HOBART | Friends and neighbors of Michael M. Shoemaker remembered him Tuesday as a "down to earth great guy."
CROWN POINT | A Valparaiso man with prior drunken driving convictions is on trial in connection with a I-65 crash in which a road service worker was crushed between his pickup and a semitrailer while fixing a tire.
OTIS | A LaPorte woman was killed Monday when she drove into the back of a flatbed trailer on U.S. 421, investigators said.
Hammond High School parent volunteer Brenda Muhammad jokes with her daughter, 17-year-old senior Dyamond Muhammad, at the school. "I like to know what's going on in our school system," Muhammad said about her role at the school.
East Chicago Police respond to the scene of a fire Tuesday in the 3800 block of Parrish Avenue in East Chicago.
East Chicago police respond to the scene of a fire in the 3800 block of Parrish Avenue in East Chicago. An unidentified body was removed from one of the apartments.
Investigators from the Lake County coroner's office remove a body Tuesday from the scene of an apartment fire in the 3800 block of Parrish Avenue in East Chicago. On Thursday, the body was identified as Timothy Bedoy, of Highland.
ArcelorMittal and Indiana's workplace safety agency have settled issues following a citation issued in the wake of a fatal workplace accident at the company's Indiana Harbor complex in October.
CHICAGO | A Calumet City man was killed Thursday by a Metra commuter train on the city's Northwest Side.
Follow The Times
Pete Doherty is an accomplished scenic photographer!
Contact Cathy Panozzo; she is The Realtor you can depend on!
Wonder Years Learning Center is proud to share its commitment!
We provide U-Haul rentals along with automotive services including:
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police: M'ville officer shot attacker
- 5 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season2 hours ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins4 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm