MERRILLVILLE | The town recently learned it has to contribute 20 percent of the costs of extending a walking and biking trail, officials said.
GARY | The Gary Community School Corp. will join the School City of Hammond in applying for federal Race to the Top funds for school districts.
HAMMOND | Federal dollars that exclusively fund the state program that monitors Lake Michigan beaches for contaminants could be lost to budget cuts, officials with the program said Thursday.
CHICAGO | A bipartisan group of Illinois Congress members proposed changes Tuesday to a U.S. House transportation bill that critics say would deprive the state of hundreds of millions of dollars in highway funds and jeopardize Chicago's transit system.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., speaks during a news conference Tuesday in the Great Hall at Union Station in Chicago. Durbin said Republicans in the U.S. House should start over rather than push forward with a troubled bill on long-term funding for transportation.
Follow The Times
Call 219-793-1111 for more details. www.alliedhealthnwi.com
Our Services Include:
Stop in to our showroom today and save 30%-50%-70% Off during …
Works package! Oil & filter, tire rotation, and multi point inspection for $39.95 (up to 5qts of motorcraft semi-synthetic oil).
See advisor for details, cannot be combined with any other spe…
Call S.T.A. Construction today!
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am