INDIANAPOLIS | A coalition of Hoosier convenience stores asked a federal judge Tuesday to declare unconstitutional an Indiana law that gives package liquor stores a monopoly over cold beer sales.
HAMMOND | A former Valparaiso city employee settled a lawsuit against the city and Police Department relating to allegations of age discrimination, federal court records state.
HAMMOND | Merrillville officials have agreed to settle a federal lawsuit filed by a Lake Station woman who claims she was wrongly arrested in May 2010, federal court records filed Tuesday show.
HAMMOND | The Coalition to Protect Cowles Bog Area filed a motion Monday seeking to prevent the National Park Service from cutting down 3,400 trees until the conclusion of their lawsuit, federal court records show.
HAMMOND | A Porter County inmate is suing the sheriff and jail officials, claiming overcrowded and unsanitary jail conditions, federal court records show.
HAMMOND | A Merrillville man has reached a legal settlement with the construction company he claims is responsible for burns he suffered after hot tar landed on his head and upper body, federal court records state.
CROWN POINT | An East Chicago woman has filed a federal lawsuit against the School City of East Chicago alleging she received a five-day unpaid suspension based on race.
HAMMOND | Lake County has agreed to pay $7.2 million to settle a class-action lawsuit filed by inmates who complained about jail conditions, court records show.
An Illinois man is suing Lake County officials over his treatment while serving a weekends-only sentence at the Lake County Work Release Center, court records state.
Follow The Times
Secret's Loving Care is a not-for-profit adult day service. We…
Let us take care of the special someone for a few hours.
We offer same day service when you need to get the job done quickly!
Contact J & J Remodeling today at 219-769-3239 or 219-663-…
Call Precise Accounting & Tax Service today at 219-845-54…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm