Federal Reserve Bank Of Chicago
About 800,000 people call Northwest Indiana their home, and I am glad to be among them. We live in an important region comprised of industrious people who contribute to the success and prosperity of our state and nation.
Participants in a Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago survey expect the the U.S. economy to grow at an annual rate of 2.3 percent in 2013, which would be an improvement from growth of 1.7 percent expected this year.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is studying Gary and nine other "Rust Belt" cities to better understand the challenges and opportunities they face in reshaping their economies.
HAMMOND | Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago President and CEO Charles Evans will deliver the keynote address Sept. 26 at the eighth annual Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce Business Expo.
GARY | Region bankers, educators and community group leaders are preparing to host a weeklong series of financial education seminars in connection with Money Smart Week.
HAMMOND | Clifton Kellogg, US Treasury Department program director, discussed federal programs designed to assist small businesses and state and federal initiatives Thursday at a conference at Dynasty Banquet Center aimed at giving small businesses resources and ideas to survive.
When Labor Day was first celebrated exactly 129 years ago today, no less than 20 percent of Americans went to work in a factory. By 1959, that number had grown to nearly 30 percent and manufacturing was widely regarded as the driving force of the American economy.
Roy Berlin said his customers, which are users of steel, are doing better than they were in the throes of the recession a few years ago.
The owner of a Hammond steel processor and service center said his customers are expecting higher sales as a result of increased activity and orders.
Follow The Times
For over 40 years people have relied on Lawn Doctor for a lush…
Call or stop in today. 219-865-2300
DeYoung's Design Center
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm