Showing: 1-20 of 30

Fire Safety

Fire Safety Fair scheduled for Saturday in Hammond

HAMMOND | The American Red Cross will host a Fire Safety Fair on Saturday at the Hammond Civic Center, 5825 Sohl Ave.

March 24, 2014 12:05 am
Scouts learn fire safety

Scouts learn fire safety

Visiting a fire station, are, from left in back, David Daniel Garza, Adian Rocha, Adrian Rodriguez, Noah Munoz and Cameron Spencer. In front are Aaron Rodriguez, Matthew Gatton, Alex Williams, Ryan Gatton.

November 13, 2013 12:00 am
Scouts learn fire safety

Scouts learn fire safety

CHICAGO | October was fire safety month and Cub Scouts of Pack 773, which meets on the East Side, spent a Saturday afternoon on Oct. 25 at an informational tour of Fire House Engine 81 on 105th and Hoxie Avenue in Chicago's South Deering neighborhood.

November 13, 2013 12:00 am
Cal City firefighter teaches preschoolers about fire safety

Cal City firefighter teaches preschoolers about fire safety

Pictured at the Lil' Geniuses preschool program are instructor Mollie Schneider, Ja'zyon Brooks, Merlanni Jackson, Neviah Carter, Davier Sims, Justin Morgan, Tyler Baker-Bennett, Enrique Yabarra-Barrios, Jermariya Dale, Kayden Harmon, Calumet City firefighter Steve Drew, and instructor Sayo …

November 04, 2013 12:00 am
Cal City firefighter teaches preschoolers about fire safety

Cal City firefighter teaches preschoolers about fire safety

CALUMET CITY | Calumet City firefighter Steve Drew recently visited the Calumet Memorial Park District's Lil' Geniuses program for children ages 3 to 5 to explain fire safety.

November 04, 2013 12:00 am

Open house to focus on kitchen fire safety

GRIFFITH | Griffith Fire Department will host its annual open house from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at Station 3, Ridge Road and Indiana Street.

October 11, 2013 12:00 am

American Red Cross partners with Harvey firefighters to educate about fire safety

CHICAGO | Volunteers for the American Red Cross fire prevention program, Team Firestopper, will walk door to door with Harvey firefighters and police officers today as a day of service to educate residents about home fire safety.

September 11, 2013 12:00 am

Kids can see firetrucks, learn about safety at M'ville library

MERRILLVILLE | The Merrillville Fire Department will provide fire safety information from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at the Lake County Public Library's Merrillville branch, 1919 W. 81st Ave.

June 26, 2013 12:00 am
Fire Safety for Your Family

Fire Safety for Your Family

For 25 years, Energizer and the IAFC have been spreading the life-saving reminder to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when you change your clocks for the end of daylight saving time.

January 25, 2013 12:00 am Photos

Photos

Cal City preschoolers get fire safety lesson

Cal City preschoolers get fire safety lesson

CALUMET CITY | Two firefighters from the Calumet City Fire Department recently visited the Lil' Geniuses preschool program at the Calumet Memorial Park District to teach the children about fire safety.

November 12, 2012 12:00 am
Cakl City preschoolers get fire safety lesson

Cakl City preschoolers get fire safety lesson

Calumet City firefighters visited with preschoolers recently. From left are firefighter Pam Eanes, Jaliah Burton, Kameron Godden, Isabella Kooma, Amber Shirley, Jahari Wallace, Merlanni Jackson, Madecyn Chess and firefighter Steve Drew.

November 12, 2012 12:00 am
Lansing Fire Department teaches Reavis students fire safety

Lansing Fire Department teaches Reavis students fire safety

Lansing firefighter Pete Chmura demonstrates the danger of lighters to kindergarten students at Reavis Elementary School during their visit to the Fire Safety House. The program provided by the Lansing Fire Department features a mobile miniature house in which students learn the dangers of s…

October 18, 2012 12:00 am
Lansing Fire Department teaches Reavis students fire safety

Lansing Fire Department teaches Reavis students fire safety

LANSING | Reavis Elementary School kindergarteners took a trip to the Fire Safety House recently to learn all about fire safety rules.

October 18, 2012 12:00 am
Pets could turn stoves, decor into fire hazards

Pets could turn stoves, decor into fire hazards

A beloved pet dressed in a Halloween costume, posed next to a lit jack-o-lantern, sounds like a great photo opportunity, but it's also a fire hazard.

October 15, 2012 9:00 am
Open house teaches fire safety

Open house teaches fire safety

GRIFFITH | In honor of Fire Prevention Week, the Griffith Fire Department will host its annual open house from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at Station 3, Ridge Road and Indiana Street.Admission is free.

October 11, 2012 12:00 am
Glenwood fire chief warns against dryer fires

Glenwood fire chief warns against dryer fires

Glenwood firefighter Joe Zelek installs a smoke alarm in the home of Latosha Wiggins, left, of the 400 block of Arizona Avenue in Glenwood, following a house fire in the home of her cousin, Janice Blackwell, right, who lives on the same block. The fire started in her dryer, fire officials sa…

January 05, 2012 12:00 am
Dryer hazards prompt warning

Dryer hazards prompt warning

GLENWOOD | A house fire last week in the 400 block of Arizona Avenue provided Fire Chief Kevin Welsh with an opportunity to educate the public during Tuesday's Village Board meeting.

January 05, 2012 12:00 am

Skillman supports new cap on Statehouse entry

INDIANAPOLIS | Lt. Gov. Becky Skillman doubts a newly imposed cap on public entry to the Statehouse will have much impact during the legislative session that begins Wednesday.

January 03, 2012 4:00 pm
South suburban fire departments help protect families from fires

South suburban fire departments help protect families from fires

DOLTON | There was a structure fire Dec. 10 on Manor Drive in Dolton and several local fire departments recently helped Dolton firefighters install smoke alarms in all of the neighboring homes on that street.

December 30, 2011 12:00 am
South suburban fire departments help protect families

South suburban fire departments help protect families

Firefighter Gordon Taylor, of the Dolton Fire Department, poses with resident Annette Rift Wright, a resident of Manor Drive, where a fire damaged a home recently. Firefighters used the incident to offer residents smoke alarms and safety tips. No one was injured in the fire.

December 30, 2011 12:00 am
activate-button-3
Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses

Poll

Loading…

How must waste is there in Lake County government's budget?

View Results