HAMMOND | Hammond fire investigators are probing a blaze at a used car lot early Friday in a neighborhood plagued by a series of arsons.
LOWELL | An 86-year-old man died late Monday after accidentally setting himself on fire, officials said.
HAMMOND | A Hammond man injured in a house fire in the 4300 block of Torrence Avenue died late Saturday, officials said.
HAMMOND | A fire at Linde Gas Co. in the 3900 block of Michigan Street on Wednesday temporarily shut down nearby roads and a portion of Cline Avenue.
Westbound Michigan Street at Cline Avenue in Hammond is blocked Wednesday because of a fire at Linde Gas Co. Company officials advised firefighters to back off from the building because there was a chance an explosion could occur, fire officials said. The fire was safely contained.
Firefighters respond to a fire Wednesday at Linde Gas Co. in Hammond. Firefighters had to monitor the fire from afar after company officials advised them to back off from the building because an explosion was possible.
Firefighters respond to a fire Wednesday at Linde Gas Co. on Michigan Street in Hammond. Nearby roads were shut down because company officials feared an explosion could have occurred.
GARY | Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore is planning a prescribed burn today on 100 acres of land near West Beach.
LAPORTE | A pet dog died Sunday in a downtown LaPorte fire.
Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore plans to burn a 32-acre site and a 66-acre site today in Miller Woods in Gary.
WINFIELD TOWNSHIP | A fire damaged a house at 12707 Gibson St. on Wednesday afternoon, officials said.
EAST CHICAGO | Firefighters said they responded to a minor house fire Monday afternoon sparked by a Xbox gaming console being left unattended to charge on a mattress, an official said.
PORTAGE | Firefighters putting out a house fire Monday afternoon in Portage found the 43-year-old homeowner dead inside.
HAMMOND | Chief Fire Inspector Michael Opinker said investigators are frustrated by the lack of cooperation in the neighborhood hit by five arsons since Easter.
HAMMOND | Hammond fire officials are investigating the fifth arson fire in the city in nine days and believe at least three are related.
HAMMOND | A fire early Sunday damaged a vacant house in the 800 block of Sibley Street, the Hammond Fire Department said.
Firefighters from multiple communities responded to two residential fires Thursday afternoon in Cedar Creek Township and Schererville.
Blake Loudenber gets a salute from Griffith firefighter Steve Kovecsi, far left, Griffith Patrolman Chris Herrmann, center, and Blake's cousin Miley Loudenber, 6, in his room at Comer Children's Hospital in Chicago.
Blake Loudenber, 9, of Griffith, gets a high-five from Griffith firefighter Joe Martin in his room at Comer Children's Hospital in Chicago. Griffith firefighters and police officers visited Blake, who is recovering from a kidney transplant, and presented him with gifts. They also made him an…
Blake Loudenber, 9, returns a salute to Griffith firefighters and police officers who visited him in his room at Comer Children's Hospital in Chicago. Blake was born with polycystic kidney disease and received a new kidney March 14.
Follow The Times
Contact Russell Tree Care today at 219-863-9953. We take care …
Reichelt Plumbing proudly has served the community since 1986 …
Brown Tire of Portage Inc has been supplying quality Goodyear …
Contact dealer for details. (219) 874-4293 BosakHondaMC.com
Bob’s Custom Cycle Shop specializes in older Harley Bikes! Bri…
In Today's Paper
Should college students be required to do community service projects that put theories into practice?
- LIVE: RailCats morning game vs. Wichita22 hours ago
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the seasonMay 21, 2013 10:45 am
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason beginsMay 21, 2013 8:36 am
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm