CALUMET TOWNSHIP | A longtime Calumet Township business went up in flames Wednesday as wind and a lack of hydrants hampered firefighting efforts.
We recently had a fire in a vacant building on 44th and Broadway in Gary, one block away from a retired firefighter's bar and grill.
PORTAGE | Two fires in less than 24 hours sent two residents and a police officer to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
VALPARAISO | The Valparaiso Fire Department will soon accept applications for new firefighters.
NEW CARLISLE | The Indiana State Fire Marshal's Office Thursday ruled the cause of an Aug. 4 blaze at K-Fex. Inc. near Hudson Lake in the northeast corner of LaPorte County fire was undetermined.
LOWELL | The Lowell Fire Department has council approval to hire the town’s first full-time firefighter.
LaPORTE | Nobody was more choked up, perhaps, than Blake Johnson who was shown the ropes of firefighting by fallen New Carlisle firefighter Jamie Middlebrook.
LAPORTE | The public is invited to a motorcycle ride Saturday to honor New Carlisle fallen firefighter Jamie Middlebrook.
PORTAGE | Mayor James Snyder swore in Portage's 62nd firefighter Tuesday.
PORTAGE | Portage fire officials aren't ruling out fireworks as the cause of two significant fires over the weekend.
LAPORTE | A LaPorte area firefighter was fortunate to escape injury when the firetruck he was operating flipped upside down in front of a burning house.
When does tradition become an anchor to innovation?
Firefighter Paul Stearns was awarded the prestigious Medal of Valor from the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office for his quick action that saved a life.
PORTAGE | The Portage fire Department will hold its annual Bicycle Rodeo and Safety Day to promote bicycle and general safety from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. May 17 in the east parking lot of Willowcreek Middle School, 5962 Central Avenue.
HAMMOND | An ordinance introduced during the City Council meeting Monday would extend the College Bound scholarship program for students in the class of 2026, but will cap the amount at current tuition rates.
PORTAGE | The Portage fire Department is accepting applications for firefighters through May 14.
PORTAGE | The Portage Fire Department responded to a report of a residential fire about 7:45 Friday morning.
St. John resident Jessica Tas is proving her versatility as a new member of the St. John Volunteer Fire Department, 11033 W 93rd Ave.
PORTAGE | Firefighters from several departments battled a house fire on Ind. 149 on Tuesday morning.
HOBART | The Hobart Board of Works has approved two promotions in the Hobart Fire Department.
Follow The Times
Warm up this fall with a new spa and hot tub from Porter Pool & Spa Supply! Give us a call today for yours!
Don't let the chilly fall weather dampen your spirits! Warm up…
Stop by Alice's Garden Toy Boutique at the Mistletoe Market on December 6! Old-fashioned toys, games, puzzles, and more on-hand!
Chesterton’s European Market dresses up for the holidays! This…
Call K's Construction for All Your Roofing, Siding & Remodeling Needs. No Downpayment Required for Any Job. Call 219-405-5146 Today!!
We do not require a down payment for any job
Watch out for dangerous creosote build up and fire hazards in your chimney! Call Judd & Son for your chinmey cleaning today! 219-365-0099
Dangerous levels of creosote can spell trouble for your home. …
Is your child dreading the new school year because of bullying? Northwest Indiana Martial Arts Academy offers certified programs that help your child defend themselves against bullying. (219) 595-7365
Our anti-bullying program is based on a methodology that’s bee…
Do you support a 10-cent tax increase for Lan-Oak Park District?