Members of the state champion Crete-Monee football team visited Village Hall to accept a new sign for their school. Pictured from left are Village President Mike Einhorn, Anthony Cephus, Travelle Smith, Lance Lenoir, coach Jim Jensen, Marcus Terrell and Kyle Lewis.
CRETE | The Crete-Monee football team won the Illinois Class 6A championship this past fall. To commemorate the occasion, the village of Crete created eight signs and installed them at the various entrances to the village.
CRETE | Chants such as “C-R-E-T-E, M-O-N-E-E, Fight! Fight! Fight!” echoed through the gymnasium Wednesday while some 1,600 students and about 100 area residents of Crete-Monee High School celebrated the football team's first state championship.
MERRILLVILLE | The 2011 Clifford Pierce Middle School Football team completed an undefeated season at 8-0 for the first time since 2001.
Follow The Times
10% Off any landscape project over $2,500.00 (please present c…
Large or small, traditional or unconventional, spiritual or re…
Call Stevenson & Fairchild OMS at (219) 462-9599 Valparais…
You asked for it and here it is: The songs of one of the …
Asphalt adds an element of flexibility which is critical here …
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police: M'ville officer shot attacker
- 5 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season4 hours ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins6 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm