Enrique Marks Jr. settled the question of whether to extradite him from Brownsville, Texas, by turning himself in to Lake County authorities after four years as a fugitive. The larger question of how to handle similar cases in the future, however, remains unresolved.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana Court of Appeals on Wednesday upheld the murder conviction of a Gary man who shot his estranged wife in 1986 and was captured 24 years later following tips generated by the television program "America's Most Wanted."
INDIANAPOLIS | A Hammond murderer who escaped from prison and spent 35 years on the lam is not entitled to appeal her conviction, the Indiana Court of Appeals ruled Thursday.
PITTSBURGH | A federal judge on Monday denied a Northwest Indiana fugitive's request for contact visits with his infant son.
HAMMOND | One of the two fugitives considered armed and dangerous in the Latin King case turned himself in Wednesday, while the other remains at large.
Cook County sheriff's police arrested a man in Calumet City last week who was wanted on a number of warrants including attempted murder in Elkhart County, Ind., officials said.
PITTSBURGH | A federal grand jury in Pittsburgh on Wednesday indicted Northwest Indiana fugitive Frank Perez Jr. for assaulting federal officers and using firearms to commit violent crimes.
A man on Indiana's most wanted list for his role in a 1999 Whiting homicide is being held without bail in Pennsylvania until his preliminary hearing Friday.
HAMMOND | The U.S. Marshals Service and Lake County sheriff's offices plan to announce the results of a countywide felony fugitive operation today.
Follow The Times
or go to www.meyersgriffith.com
We provide U-Haul rentals along with automotive services including:
One coupon per customer, not applicable with any other discoun…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm