Orville Redenbacher's daugher Gail Tuminello sits next to a bronze statue of her father unveiled at Central Park Plaza in Valparaiso Sept. 4, 2012. The statue now has its own Twitter account.
VALPARAISO | The King of Popcorn seems to have made a triumphant return to the city. Not only is his statue in Central Park Plaza a popular feature, Orville Redenbacher has almost 200 followers on his Twitter account.
CHICAGO | The signature suspenders were no problem for artist Lou Cella to recreate, but the wavy hair and the famous black, horn-rimmed glasses were more of a challenge.
VALPARAISO | When first approached about the idea of having a sculpture of her father in the Valparaiso's downtown park, Gail Tuminello said she couldn't quite picture it.
VALPARAISO | The man who rose to become top of the poppers, Orville Redenbacher, was born in Brazil, Ind., on July 16, 1907 -- the youngest of four children.
Follow The Times
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
Robert Balash Trucking & Excavating
Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. Has The Experience You Want!
DeYoung's Design Center
Our Services Include:
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)23 hours ago
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am