INDIANAPOLIS | The ink is barely dry on Indiana's two-year state budget legislation, but the potential for new Illinois casinos is threatening to throw the Hoosier spending and tax cut plan out of balance.
INDIANAPOLIS | Lawmakers have replaced a Senate-approved plan giving $100 million in state funds to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway with a $200 million loan program fueled by slot-machine revenue from central Indiana's casinos.
INDIANAPOLIS | Gov. Mike Pence declared Tuesday that a Senate-approved plan intended to make Indiana's casinos more competitive includes an expansion of gambling he does not support.
INDIANAPOLIS | For the first time since 2010, the Indiana General Assembly has made it to the midpoint of its annual session without a walkout, boycott or protest shutting down the business of the legislature.
INDIANAPOLIS | Hoosiers hitting the shopping malls last month helped propel Indiana's sales tax revenue to its best year-over-year monthly percentage growth since June.
Follow The Times
We are not a real estate agency. We are a multi-service compa…
Calhoun Sawmill and Custom Woodworking is a locally owned and …
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
We will come to your home or business!
Hammond Fence represents honesty, integrity and competitive pricing!
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm