Gangs In The United States
HAMMOND | A Hammond man has been sentenced to eight years in federal prison for his admitted role in a Latin Kings drug and gang case.
East Chicago is a city long plagued by crime, political corruption and betrayal of public trust by some past mayors and other city officials. So when decisions are made by a contemporary administration that improve conditions and residents' lives in the city, it's worth heralding.
HAMMOND | The nearly two decades in prison given to a former Chicago police officer Friday is a "far cry" from the lifetime sentence he could have received, a Hammond federal court judge told the disgraced cop.
CHICAGO | A high-ranking member of a Chicago street gang — who with a former East Chicago man controlled a street narcotics business — has been sentenced to about 28 years in prison, federal authorities said.
HAMMOND | Another alleged member of the Latin Kings street gang agreed to plead guilty Friday to racketeering and drug charges, Hammond federal court records show.
The weight of the federal government is finally pressing down on violent street gangs in East Chicago. It's going to be a messy process, but the result will be worth it.
Criminal gangs are crippling communities in Northwest Indiana. Breaking gangs' grip on the region will be a Herculean task, but it must be a high priority.
CHICAGO | A retired Chicago police officer was arrested by Drug Enforcement Administration agents last week after he and nine other defendants were charged in a federal racketeering conspiracy indictment, alleging acts of murder, kidnapping, robbery, narcotics distribution and obstruction of…
Follow The Times
Kovenz Memorial currently offers QR codes for placement on you…
Established in 1997, Forest Ridge Family Dentistry is a genera…
By appointment only!
Stop by and check out our in store specials 20-40% off for a limited time on stunning fashion jewelry!
Whether you already have a drawing in hand or only an idea in …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm