GARY | Juana McLaurin's 32 years of service with Gary will end at midnight Monday when the city cuts her job and those of 14 other first responders.
GARY | A Hammond woman gave herself an unwelcome birthday present early Saturday, running her car into the rear of a semi after a night of drinking and earning a drunken driving charge, police said.
CROWN POINT | Last night, at approximately 10:58 p.m., a house fire was reported in the 4300 block of West 45th Avenue in Gary, Indiana with occupants trapped inside.
GARY | The Gary and Lake Ridge fire departments worked for about three hours Wednesday afternoon to put out a fire at a vacant building on Broadway.
An elderly Gary man died Friday after a fire in his home.
Follow The Times
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
Call 219 934 0750 for Details.
Stop by Kensington Watch Services today at 146 North Main Stre…
1/2 price tickets to WHAT A GLORIOUS FEELING (behind-the-scenes during the making of SINGIN' IN THE RAIN) 5/24 & 5/25.
Buy 9 sandwich combos and get the 10th free.
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm