CALUMET TOWNSHIP | Emergency workers responded Monday night to a gas leak in the 3100 block of West 47th Place in Calumet Township, officials said.
MUNSTER | A contractor working underground struck a gas line Tuesday afternoon near the intersection of 30th Street and Jackson Avenue, officials said.
EAST CHICAGO | Residents near 145th Street and Baring Avenue were evacuated for four hours Monday during the city’s latest gas leak.
East Chicago Firefighters and NIPSCO responded to West 145th Street and Baring Avenue after a construction crew ruptured a natural gas line, forcing the evacuation of nearby homes.
EAST CHICAGO | Contractors working on the old Burger King on Columbus Drive and Main Street ruptured a gas line Monday, officials said.
HAMMOND | NIPSCO crews were working Monday evening to fix a gas leak that prompted the evacuation of 16 units at the Renaissance Towers in Hammond.
CROWN POINT | Employees and customers of a Strack & Van Til Food Market near Franciscan St. Anthony Health hospital were allowed to return to the store early Wednesday afternoon after a gas leak forced an earlier evacuation.
HAMMOND | A gas main punctured by a Water Department crew in Hammond's Robertsdale neighborhood Tuesday morning was quickly controlled with no threat to the public, officials said.
CHICAGO HEIGHTS | About 15 students at Lincoln Elementary School were taken Thursday to St. James Hospital and Health Center after complaining of nausea caused by a nearby gas leak.
EAST CHICAGO | Around 200 East Chicago residents were cleared to return to their homes around 9 a.m. Thursday after a gas leak forced their evacuation late Wednesday, according to City Council President Adrian Santos, D-1st.
HAMMOND | Residents in one Hammond neighborhood were told to fill their drains with water and cover them with wet towels to keep fumes at bay as BP and city officials tried to locate and stop an underground leak near 175th Street and White Oak Avenue.
Indianapolis Boulevard reopened to traffic around 9:45 a.m. Wednesday after a gas leak forced it's closure during the morning commute.
Power was restored this morning and gas is being reconnected to Hammond homes impacted by a Thursday afternoon gas leak.
Follow The Times
Focus on what you do best - running your business! Let McMahon & Associates handle your Accounting and Payroll Needs!
We pride ourselves in having an in-depth knowledge of small to…
Lawn Doctor’s Preventative Grub Control is just what the doctor ordered. Call 219-364-6300 to schedule your FREE On-Site evaluation today.
Grub damage is most likely to occur in the late summer and ear…
Lawn pest control from Lawn Doctor can improve the health conditions of your home. Call Today for a FREE Lawn Analysis 219-364-6300.
Our Pest Control Services Help Eliminate:
Buying, selling, or trading jewelry?? We have got you covered at J&J Coin & Stamps!! Click here now to see!!
For 50 years we have been buying, selling, and trading jewelry…
Over 17,000 fires or more are started in dryer vents! Get yours cleaned out this year with Judd & Son Chimney Service! Call us for your appointment before it's too late: 219-365-0099
Many fires start out in the dryer vent. Highly flammable lint …
Do you have fond memories of Mount Baldy?