From elaborately decorated trees to drive-through lighting displays to boat parades and train shows, a variety of holiday spectacles are being staged through the end of December and into early January around the country. Here are a few of them.
Classic cars line the Buckley Homestead lawn Saturday afternoon as people participate in a Gatsby picnic.
Two ladies enjoy a cold glass of tea on the front porch of the Buckley Homestead during the Gatsby afternoon lunch Saturday afternoon at the Lake County park in Lowell.
Jacob Ippolito, 8, of St. John, holds an old Brownie box camera Saturday afternoon as he and his family take part in the Gatsby picnic and car show at Buckley Homestead Park near Lowell.
Megan Faulkner, Lake County parks programer, sets up a picnic spread Saturday for a "Gatsby" event featuring 1930s-era cars and participants dressed in period costumes.
A half-dozen vintage automobiles were on display Saturday at Buckley Homestead's Main House during the first Gatsby Summer Afternoon Picnic and Vintage Automobile Display. The idea came from a California group and was supported by Megan Faulkner, Lake County parks programmer.
Follow The Times
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Move into an Olthof Homes community today!
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
$3 off- Buy one meal and get $3 off the purchase of a second m…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am