One of the biggest problems plaguing Gary over the years has been that of physical appearance. A backlog of garbage and other debris in front of abandoned houses, alleys and in illegal dump sites exacerbates the matter in this cash-strapped city coping with the long-term impact of population…
HOBART | Advancing Christ's Kingdom Ministries, 1001 W. Ridge Road, will host a Christmas Extravaganza and Gift Give Away starting at 6 p.m. on Friday.
Between family, friends, coaches and teachers, some children give as many holiday presents as they receive. This year, encourage your child's creativity with easy kids' crafts they'll give as gifts.
"Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves."
The 12 hottest trends for baby names in 2012
american dollars in the hands
Jasmine Sharp, 10, gives a hug to Santa while her sisters, Kiley Simpson, 6, middle, and Cortnie Sharp, 8, take in the surprise visit. St. Nick was accompanied by Merrillville Station II firefighter Lt. Mike Trajkovski to the home in Merrillville. The fire station has been delivering donatio…
Cortnie Sharp, 8, left, reacts after opening a new coat while Kiley Simpson, 6, unwraps gifts during a visit Tuesday evening to their Merrillville home from Santa and the Merrillville Fire Department. Firefighters have been bringing Christmas cheer to needy families for a decade.
Statistically speaking, Americans are extremely generous. Consider the fact that in 2009, charitable giving in the United States exceeded $300 billion for the second year in a row -- despite the fact that many people in every part of the country are feeling the strains of recession and job loss.
american dollars in the hands
Follow The Times
Geothermal heating and cooling systems use 40-60% less energy than conventional systems. Learn more about what it might save you today!
We are always accepting new clients and patients, and our doctor visits are always walk-in (no appointment necessary).
Paper Product Sale! Packs of notepads for $6.99! Get a case of paper for ONLY $24.95 with your office supply order of $100 or more!
For details call or visit us online! 800-837-1400 / www.…
We understand a lawn isn't just grass – it's an investment. An…
Serving the Saint John, Indiana, area for more than 30 years, …
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am