O’Hare International Airport will finally get its goats. The Chicago Department of Aviation has awarded a contract to a private firm to provide 25 goats to munch vegetation at the city’s airport. These “green lawn mowers” will help reduce carbon dioxide emissions to sustain the planet.
Urban goat farming is part of a nationwide movement to eat food produced locally, sometimes as locally as our backyards.
Snowflake the goat has cornered me, nuzzling my hand as she nibbles on my jacket's zipper.
Follow The Times
- 1 2 injured in crash on U.S. 6 in Jackson Township
- 2 This bites: Emerging breed of mosquito is more aggressive
- 3 Task force releases details in fatal shooting of M'ville officer
- 4 Tri-Creek, Crown Point, Merrillville schools close Monday to accommodate funeral traffic
- 5 Schultz funeral procession route details
Click here to check out our current offers
If you are looking to promote positive, developmental growth in your child, Enroll your child at The Learning Center Preschool!
Our ultimate goal is creating an atmosphere where your child w…
The Threat of Damage from Neglecting your Trees is not worth the risk ~ Don't Wait until It's Too Late!
Don’t wait until it’s too late, call Justin’s Tree Service for…
Baptism is a life changing event. Let Rev. Doug Klukken make this day be a memorable one. Call us today at 219-663-3900
Weddings by Rev. Doug Klukken will perform your wedding to you…
Click here to see our website!
Would you welcome a talk with a police officer in your neighborhood?