Good Government Initiative
This has been a big week for the convergence of taxes and politics — are those two ever separated? — in Northwest Indiana.
Griffith, Highland and Munster are in the midst of forming a new task force that would increase the police presence in trouble spots, as identified by crime mapping.
Democrats in Hobart have a tough decision to make May 3. Do they choose the incumbent, who has done a good job, or do they switch back to his predecessor, Linda Buzinec, who also was a good mayor?
Lake County officials seem determined to earn their fee hiking merit badge. But there's more to good government than making additional services self-supporting.
An extensive analysis of Lake County's spending in the past decade confirms residents' fears about county government.
Follow The Times
Call Precise Accounting & Tax Service today at 219-845-54…
10% Off any landscape project over $2,500.00 (please present c…
Right now, at American Family Insurance, we are offering big d…
Calhoun Sawmill and Custom Woodworking is a locally owned and …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm