Phil Potempa's weekly farm column recipe.
Todd Greenholt of Double E Post Frame Buildings works on the historic grain elevator at the Ron Brown farm.
The grain elevator at Ron Brown's farm was founded by his great-great-grandfather John Brown near Lowell.
The grain elevator at the Ron Brown farm is being restored by Travis Earl of Earl's Exteriors in DeMotte. An interior view shows the wooden beams inside the century-old structure.
LOWELL | In familiar silhouette, the historic grain elevator rises from the Cedar Creek Township farmland that has been its home for more than a century.
Renovation efforts are underway on the grain elevator that dates to the early 20th century on Ron Brown's property.
Follow The Times
Don’t Wait. Stop in today. Its never too late to start worki…
When you are looking for a home improvement service, there ar…
Hammond Fence represents honesty, integrity and competitive pricing!
Behind the Scenes Railway Garden Tour - May 18th 10am - 12pm. Each experience is limited to 8 guests, so sign up quickly!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm