The family-size, 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco hybrid sedan is the most fuel efficient Malibu ever, with a combined city/highway federal government mileage rating of 29 miles per gallon.
After Valparaiso resident David Garfin finished whipping a white plug-in hybrid sedan around curves in Northfield, Ill., he wondered what took so long.
MUNSTER | The town is looking to generate more revenue with new equipment it plans to install at Centennial Park to capture more methane gas at the former landfill site. It will convert the gas into energy and sell the electricity back to NIPSCO.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn leaves an old steel plant site near 116th and Avenue O on Wednesday in Chicago. After a bill signing there, Quinn said he won't be bullied into accepting an Illinois casino expansion bill in its current form.
Chicago 10th Ward Alderman John Pope, right, greets Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn on Wednesday at the old LTV steel works on the South Side for the signing of Senate Bill 1533.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn holds up Senate Bill 1533 after signing it into law Wednesday morning on Chicago's South Side. The Chicago Clean Energy project will bring a green technology gasification plant to the area.
Artist renditions of new plant to be located near 116th and Avenue O in Chicago.
General Motors is almost certain to claim the title of world's biggest automaker this year, retaking the top spot from Toyota, which has been hurt by production problems since the Japanese earthquake and still can't escape the shadow of major safety recalls.
WASHINGTON | Will your new car get an A in fuel efficiency? A government proposal may add letter grades to showroom window stickers on new cars and trucks to reflect a vehicle's overall fuel economy and greenhouse gas emissions.
Follow The Times
Jack & Vernon's Septic Service does residential and commer…
Our artist’s specialty is bringing your imagination to life.
The water heater in your home is an appliance typically not th…
Call Secret's Loving Care Adult Day Service @ 219-201-1451
Check our warehouse for carpet & vinyl remnants 50% off, S…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm