KOUTS | The Town Council on Monday tentatively approved a contract for the operation of its sewer, water and street departments but balked at the fire department's request for a 5 percent increase in its annual payment.
KOUTS | A 2012 budget calling for a 2.9 percent overall increase, including a 2.5 percent raise for town employees, earned the Town Council's approval Monday.
KOUTS | A proposal from the East Porter County Schools that Kouts take over traffic enforcement on the school property in the town met with a chilly reception Monday despite the hot weather.
KOUTS | Deputy Clerk-Treasurer Laurie Tribble is challenging her boss, Clerk-Treasurer Greg Frame, for the Republican nomination to run the office for the next four years.
KOUTS | The reconstruction of the town's main intersection at Ind. 49 and Ind. 8 was a needed and long-awaited improvement for Kouts in 2010, and it has allowed completion of downtown beautification to become the focus of 2011.
KOUTS | Property tax collections are back on a timely schedule and so are budget approvals by the state, which makes it possible for the town to approve the annual salary ordinance a lot sooner.
Follow The Times
by Mail-in Rebate when you purchase a set of four select Goody…
Jack & Vernon's Septic Service does residential and commer…
The NWI Times undercover shopper reports on local gold buying …
Call or stop in today. 219-865-2300
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm